As we are all just learning, Letterman not only boned a lovely young intern, but helped pay for her to go to law school. Which law school? Cardozo! Huzzah!
But why Cardozo? In the traditional Letterman format: an answer via a Top 10 list.
Top 10 Reasons Letterman sent his intern to Cardozo
10. School would forgive all his intern-related sins on Yom Kippur
9. NYU bowed to pressure from pro-Palin protestors and rejected her
8. He expected a Jewish law school to be cheaper
7. She needed a school where she could get off for Sukkot
6. Letterman’s the jealous type and half the guys are already married
5. Leno had already sent his intern to Fordham
4. Paul needed some inside info from the Innocence Project
3. She already had lots of experience fetching bagels
2. Cardozo’s excellent Extortion Law classes
1. Buttafuoco! Buttafuoco! Buttafuoco!